laservision plastic laser protection windows
The technological development in the field of absorbing dyes during the last years results in more and more resistant plastic laser protection windows. In the past the plastic windows were commonly used against stray radiation. Meanwhile some plastic laser protection windows achieve a laser resistances comparable to that of mineral glass windows. A representative example therefor is the laser protection window P1P10 with 6mm thickness. Between 1030nm-1400nm it achieves with OD8+ and a 10 seconds test time an EN 207 protection level of D LB7 + IRM LB8. laservision offers a large variety of plastic laser protection windows for different laser applications.
An essential advantage regarding plastic laser protection windows is the availability of much larger sheets (up to 2mx3m) and the lower weight. The main application range is machine building and laser enclosures. For such applications laservision is offering a large variety of different plastic laser protection windows depending on the wavelength and application.
Windows are not considered to be PPE and can be marked with their optical density OD only, but as a standard, most materials do have a certification acc. to EN207 and acc. DIN EN 60825-4 and indicate LB ratings. A test acc. EN12254 with AB-protection levels is defined up to a power of 100W or 30J only. Laser enclosures or housings (as a part of the laser mechanism) are not a part of the application range of the EN12254.
- Low weight, good optical properties
- Available for many laser and laser combinations
- Most window filter certified acc. EN207 with 5s and 10s
- Dimensions up to 3000mm x 2000mm for certain materials
- Some filters available in 3mm or 6mm thickness
Mounting and cleaning recommeations for laservision laser protection lenses and panes based on PMMA:
- Do not remove the protective film before installing the panes completely
- During assembly, it is essential to ensure that the panes are installed unstressed. This means that there must be enough space for expansion in the frame or the bracket. A selective fixation should also be avoided.
- PMMA expands, in relation to one meter, by approx. 0.8 - 1.0 mm per 10° C temperature rise. This means for example, that at an outside temperature of approx. 50°C the pane expands in both directions by approx. 2.5 - 3.0 mm.
- If the window cannot expand, it is under tension. This in turn leads to permanent stress in the pane and can lead to stress cracks.
- This process is reinforced using unsuitable cleaning substances. The resulting cracks can ultimately even break the material.
If cleaning is necessary after the protective film was carefully removed, proceed as follows:
- For usual soiling laservision recommends the use of purely water. If necessary, some cleanser (cleanser without any alcohol additions!!) can be added.
- Persistent dirt can be removed with 99.99% isohexane
- Leather towels are suitable for cleaning but should never be used dry. The use of soft, lint-free cotton towels is also recommended.
In general, the following cleanser are recommended for PMMA panes:
- For a care cleasing: Ecolab Brial maxx/ BURNUS antistatic plastic cleaner- & care
- For an intesive cleaning: Ecolab Imi Top/ BURNUS plastic intensive cleaner
- Don’t let the cleaner dry on the pane
- After cleansing, rinse thoroughly with clear water
- Wipe dry
- ATTENTION: DO NOT BLOW THE PANE WITH COMPRESSED AIR IF IT IS NOT INSTALLED -