laservision – medical laser protection
Rapid advancement of medical laser technology is making laser safety more important now than ever before. Laser applications in the medical field are mainly based on the excellent focusability and the high power density of the beam. Additionally most of the laser light can be delivered through optical fibers, which make endoscopic laser surgery possible.
Since the foundation more than 30 years, laservision keeps pace with advances in laser technology through an aggressive program of new product and technology innovation. This includes laser safety eyewear for doctors, assistances as well as for patients and the application in veterinarian practices.
The program is completed by additional innovative products like sterialisable splash protection eyewear and clean-room fit laser safety curtains and a well balanced range of accessories.
Examples for medical laser applications are:
- Dental applications (periodontosis treatment)
- Surgery with or without endoscopes (coagulation, lithotripsy)
- Dermatologic treatments (lesions, scars)
- Beauty (tattoo removal, skin rejuvenation, hair removal)
- Photodynamic therapy
- Ophthalmology (laser treatment of short- or longsightedness)